
The Smoke is obviously their sins in physical form. The reason others have died from the smoke "monster" is that when confronted with all of their gravest mistakes they weren't at peace with their sins. That's why Eko and Locke weren't killed by the smoke. Locke looked into the face of it and was almost "pure" enough, but needed help from Jack and Kate to escape the "smoke". Did Jack Shepard "save" Locke from his enlightenment or his death? But that pilot of their crashed flight getting ripped out the cockpit like a ragdoll and giving the appearence of a T-Rex-esk "monster" really screws over my theory or maybe Lindelof and Cuse got caught with a convient "backdoor". COUGH!!! COUGH!!! (under my breath) "the hatch".
Oh well they got me anyway, they mine as well wrap the show up in a plaster virgin mary with a rubber baby bottle nipple, cause I'm sucking down that formula like momma used to mix.
4 comments:
mine as well? Where did you go to school Arkansas?
Your analysis of the smoke and the symbolism involved confirms something I've known for quite a while now.
You are a NERD!!!
I love the sheer volume of writings here. I can't think of another blog that gets updated more often than this one... besides every other blog out there.
I just can't get enough of this post! It gets better every time I read it.
Seriously, how many more episodes of lost have there been since this fog one?
Post a Comment